Saturday, February 12, 2011

RElapse.... Now some Cheese whizzzz.....


So... I tried those Kale chips... umm.... first time around... not so much. They burnt so quickly and I even only put them in for 10 minutes? They collapsed into dust in my mouth. Oh, well, they had a pretty good taste. Either way... Unfortunately, I think I really needed those kale chips in my life to be tasty as all get out, and because that first attempt failed... I moved on to umm... sadly enough... chocolate chips. But seriously, do you blame me? Ok, despite the boringness that is a chocolate chip. You'd think that something from another hierarchy of delectable delights would steal my thunder away from how great i've been doing with the LowCarberdome... however, they fell into my mouth... well, pretty much. They fell from the cupboard, the oven was on, making the top of the stove rather warm, the bag broke, spilling the chocolate chips everywhere. I was scooping them up ferociously, however, it just wasn't quick enough, they melted, on the stove, all over my hands was molten chocolate. When I looked at them, all I could see was chocoloate dipped. AHh... So I licked each finger and my palm and devoured each and every morsel that fell. Goodness gracious. And then I decided I needed some fries, why? Because I already had chocolate chips. See my mentality? Seriously an all or nothing type. It's got to be insane to witness. My poor boyfriend. I love him dearly, and am grateful that he has endured thus far. Gosh, it's just ridiculous... I have soooo much to do! But for some reason, I keep wasting my energies on things that don't even remotely apply to my to do list... including typing on this blog right now. So insane. I have three cans of diet soda in front of me, 1 half full of warm soda, that I never finished, and two empty. Why? Because I drank one, newly finished another, and found one that I forgot I opened.. I need to bake some cheesecake bites for my Passion Party tomorrow... but for some reason, I haven't attempted to begin. AH... typing about it is actually making me a little restless. I am going to bake those now! Yes! But hey, I did prepare the salmon... it is marinading right now...

Grilled Salmon I: Another recipe from allrecipes.com with rave reviews.
Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
lemon pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
salt to taste
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Directions

Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Preheat grill for medium heat.
Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

As for the Cheesecake, my friend Stacy turned me on to this awesome site, Bakerella.com and she has this awesomely delicious, awesomely easy recipe for cheesecake bites. I alter mine a little by adding some chocolate chips to the cup before filling them in, ads a delightful crunch. I have made them several times and each time they are wonderful, especially at the parties, they are gone in minutes.

Super Easy Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
2 pkg. (8oz.) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 Tbsp lemon juice

Mix.

vanilla wafers
2″ aluminum mini baking cups
Cherry Pie Filling

Place a vanilla wafer in each mini baking cup.
Spoon approximately 3 Tbsp of cream cheese mixture over each wafer. Makes about 4 dozen.Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Let cool and top with cherry pie filling. Refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment